What information do we collect from you?
Information from other sources. In some circumstances, we may obtain information about you from our business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to our account information. Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and facilitate proper delivery of travel documents and other correspondence; broad demographic information for aggregate use; and information related to your potential preferences.
How do we use your information?
We use credit card details (such as credit card type and number, cardholder name, credit expiration date, and CVC code) to process and fulfill your request to book a ferry or any other type of accommodation on our website. In general, we may use personal information provided verbally or in writing, including via electronic media, in order to:
- Provide you with access to our products and services;
- Confirm your travel plans and provide you with any updates;
- Perform activities on your account, such as processing payments and providing travel announcements;
- Communicate with you to request more information;
- Respond to your enquiries and assist you with any activities on our website;
- Communicate with you about travel-related offers, promotions, and news that may be of interest to you;
- Improve the effectiveness of our website, as well as our services and offers;
- Conduct research and analysis through customer reviews;
- Communicate with you about our reward and recognition programs;
- Perform other business activities as needed, or as described elsewhere within this Policy.
With whom do we share your information?
ferryconnection.com, GP does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
We may need to share your personal information with third parties that provide support services to us, such as ferry operators, web hosts, and other representatives acting on our behalf for limited purposes. This may involve sending your personal information to different countries in the European Economic Area or another jurisdiction that may not provide an equivalent level of protection as the data protection laws in your home country.
ferryconnection.com, GP may share your personal information with:
- Third party service providers, subcontractors and agents. We provide certain personal information needed for third party service providers, subcontractors and agents to perform designated services on our behalf. Examples include financial institutions that handle credit card transactions, shipping companies that deliver packages, and third party entities to help administer surveys, perform research, and data analysis. We also employ companies to maintain our online customer review database and send marketing and promotional communications to you.
- Government and law enforcement officials. ferryconnection.com, GP may disclose personal information to third parties if we have a good faith belief that it is necessary to comply with legal processes, a government investigation, customs and immigration authorities or applicable laws and regulations. We may also release personal information when we believe that it is necessary to enforce or apply the terms of any of our policies or user agreements and protect the rights, property or safety of ferryconnection.com, GP, our employees, our customers, users, or others.
During your visit to ferryconnection.com, we will automatically collect certain information about you and your computer. For instance, we will collect your IP address, type of Web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome), and referring website. We may also collect information about your activity on our Site, such as searches on ferry schedules and bookings made.
When you visit ferryconnection.com as a visitor, a cookie, or small text file, will be placed through your Web browser on your computer's hard drive to identify your computer to our server. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser settings to notify you before you receive a cookie. The "help" portion of the toolbar on most Web browsers will guide you how to disable cookies or prompt you before you accept a new cookie. Be aware that by disabling cookies, you may not be able access to certain features on this site, including access to many travel tools and travel planning resources.
Some pages on our site may also use 'web beacons' (also known as web tags, pixel tags, or clear GIFs), in connection with cookies, so as to enable us to monitor traffic patterns on our Site and understand user interaction with email. Web beacons provide us with information such as:
- Which search engine you have used;
- Whether you are a repeat visitor;
- What pages you access on our site and for how long; and
- Which emails have been opened by recipients.
Over time, this information enables us to evaluate aggregate information for all of our site visitors, and to build a picture of how we can improve our site and provide content that is of more interest and relevance.
Does our website link to other sites?
How can you access your information?
You may direct us to change or delete your information by contacting us at the email or telephone address provided below. We will take the appropriate steps to act on your instructions promptly, but it may take two weeks or more for any request to change or delete information to become effective. Please note that you are responsible to maintain the accuracy and completeness of all information you provide to us.
How is your information secured?
We want you to feel confident that ferryconnection.com utilizes security measures that are consistent with standard industry practice to protect and safeguard the confidentiality of the personal information that we collect online. While no website can guarantee the security of your personal information, we employ a number of physical, electronic and procedural measures to maintain your personal information in a secure environment. For instance, only authorized employees are permitted to have direct access to personal information. Furthermore, we also implement encryption technologies when transmitting highly confidential information, such as a credit card number, from your system to our server.
While we institute industry standard security measures to protect your personal information and keep it secure, you also play a role in safeguarding your information. You can assist us to maintain the security of your transactions on our Site by not disclosing your booking number with anyone.
Terms and Conditions
Please review our Terms and Conditions section to better understand the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our Site.
How to contact us
We will do our best to respond to your request for assistance or other questions within 48 hours.
Phone: Our customer support team is available to assist you with all of your ferryconnection.com reservations and travel planning.
Telephone number: +30 2810 234 600
Our office is open at the following times:
Monday - Friday, 09:00 – 21:00
Saturday, 10:00 – 16:00
Our office is closed on Sundays and Bank Holidays
Letter: You may send a letter with your request and current contact information to:
L. Skepetzi 14
71307 Heraklion – Crete, Greece